Autodesk® Vault® Developments
Extensions and Tools
The Academic Package
You are a lecturer and you want to set up a CAD course? The Academic Package for Autodesk® Vault® provides you everything you need to setup a Vault for your CAD course or Tutorial. To create a student user, assign it to a team group and a subgroup, create a folder and assign ACLs - this procedure takes about 60 mouse clicks - something you do not want to do for 100+ students. With the SetupStudent extension, you can create these users and the needed structures on the fly from your participants list.
You have probably already installed the Windows instller .msi file, which is available from the Autodesk® AppStore. If you are missing something or you have an idea how to improve the package, please let me know.
The idea behind the academic package is to stay as close to the "out-of-the-box" setup of the Vault and at the same time avoid some shortcoming of it. With the Academic Package you will be able to...
- Create users, groups, group folders and subgroup folders according to your participants list.
- Set the access permissions to these folders at the same time according to academic needs.
- Support your assessment workflow a lifecycle definition will.
- Give you a guideline and best practice how to use the Autodesk Vault in a CAD course.
- Provide you a basic set of slides for your lecture to explain the usage to your students.
This Academic Package contains:
Basic Installation Steps
The installation should be straight forward. Please follow the steps below. If you encounter any errors, then please send me a mail and make a screenshot.
- Download the Vault App from the Autodesk® AppStore
- Close the Vault Client
- Execute the msi Installer. It will check for the existing installations and add the Extension files into the Folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 20xx\Extensions
- Start the Vault Client
- Check if you find buttons in the Advanced Toolbar and in the Tools menu. Note that it only activates when you select a folder (see screenshot below)
- Within the folder picker, select the participants list. It must comply with the example file (see above) or here: